Pomegranate and Natural Skin Care
The pomegranate is a tropical fruit well-known for its health and skin benefits, and has references dating back thousands of years to prove this. Pomegranate is a popular ingredient often found in skin care products, especially natural skin care. The below outlines the top ten benefits of pomegranate on the skin, which may seem surprising and pretty much seems to cover all the benefits expected in natural skin care.
1. Highly moisturising and nourishing, yet pomegranate extract itself is not overly greasy and also quick to absorb into the skin.
2. Anti-inflammatory and therefore promotes healthy skin, resulting from the Omega-5 punicic acid found in pomegranate.
3. Antioxidant-rich offering perfect protection from free radicals and simultaneously maintaining optimal antioxidant molecule levels.
4. Stimulates cell repair via ellagic acid, a polyphenolic compound well suited to natural skin care products and effective in enhancing skin repair.
5. UV protection as a result of the antioxidants present in pomegranate which keeps the skin barrier healthy and protective.
6. Oil control and combating breakouts, leading to pomegranate being found in many natural skin care products targeted towards acne-prone skin.
7. Gentle and regulates sebum production, therefore when used in the appropriate skin care product, pomegranate can be suitable for all skin types.
8. Anti-aging and counters premature aging by reducing wrinkles and fine lines, while promoting collagen and elastin production.
9. Exfoliating and cleansing effects are gentle but effective due to flavanoids and punicic acid which allow it to reach the epidermal skin layer.
10. Improves skin texture by enhancing fibroblast proteins which are capable of tightening and firming the skin.
Related products: Pomegranate Lip Care with Coconut Oil